Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Playdates & storytime!

Everyone told me I would reach the point where I would want to get out of my ways of hanging out at the house all day. They were right. I am in full swing. I feel like I owe to Gabby to meet friends and get her socialized, as well as myself! I need the conversation and Gabby needs to know she isn't the only baby on this earth ;) I found out about a baby-friendly program called Storytime that is offered at all libraries in the area. We are right smack in the middle of the city so there are 4 libraries within 10 minutes of us! We are fortunate to go to one storytime a day. I have never seen this side of Gabby. She has totally come out of her shell in the past week. She was the loudest baby in the room the other day, screaming and 'talking.' Who are you?! Haha. Its nice because during the program they play songs and we dance, do hand rhymes, and read stories. Gabby and I are LOVING it (especially because its FREE.)

We have already made friends! Today we had a playdate with a little boy named Jacob who just turned one. His Mother, Kym and I strolled around Pullen Park. We thoroughly enjoyed the 65 degrees, blue skies and sun! Gabby had 3 firsts today.

She rode the carousel & had a ball. She was so serious when i sat her on the horse but as soon as she felt the wind she was laughing and screaming! Gahhh, so cute. The two babies enjoyed the train & got pushed in the baby swings. Kym was clever to offer her sweater to stuff behind Gabby to keep her from falling back! I have never seen Gabby so smiley and giddy.


I also joined two Mom meet-up groups. We are enjoying meeting new people and sharing stories with strangers who we hope will be live life long friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment