| Before the fiasco of laughter. |
Kroger had a really good sale on already cooked lobster. We scored the last two in the store, had it with a side of green beans, cheese biscuits and homemade mashed potatoes.
Dan has never eaten lobster before & I really hate this was his first experience. We did exactly what we were told to do. Steam the lobster for 5-10 minutes. We left them on for 8. I have had many lobster in my day, vacationing to Maine and attending the lobster festival multiple years in a row as a kid. I was hoping it would be the same kind of melt in your mouth lobster meat but boyyy was it not! It was the most gritty, tough meat I have tasted & we were happy Kroger refunded our money the next day. The mashed potatoes is my Mother's recipe & they turned out AMAZING. I am so fortunate to have that recipe in the family. Green beans, check. Cheese biscuits, burnt & dry. Ohhh, and we can't forget about the spinach dip I worked hard on. I made the horrible decision to use miracle whip instead of mayonnaise. Um, yeah. No. Not good.
| Wannabe Bananas Foster |
Dan was really grossed out by the lobster (hehe) and had a hard time eating it. At least the champagne was yummy (for Dan!) No drinking for the breastfeeding Mama! Our semi-disaster of a dinner left us crying in tears of laughter. That was the most Dan & I have laughed in months & both agreed we would rather have laughed that hard then have a flawless dinner & mild conversation. We fried bananas with brown sugar & made a coconut sauce with coconut milk, cinnamon & sugar. They ended up being amazing.
We poured champagne (Juicy Juice for me) & toasted together, alone, on the couch. It was sweet & romantic. I couldn't have thought of a better way to ring in 2012. We are so, so excited for all of the fun times in the future. Happy New Year!
fun!! sorry the lobster wasn't good. I've never done an already-cooked one. Weird. (And you know you can totally drink while nursing, right? No judgement.)
ReplyDeleteGlad it was a fun evening.
Happy new year to you both!
Happy New Year to you all!
ReplyDeleteI am sure I can but have you noticed how big of a freak I am? I need to enjoy myself more! Your New Year looked amazing.