10 AM- Baby & I wake up while she is being held in my arms. I love it. Just as I've loved it since day one. I love just opening my eyes to see that she is breathing. She is completely safe. I don't move an inch while she sleeps but boy, do I miss stomach & back sleeping.I am able at this point to set her down for approximately 10 minutes before she cries to be held, slug a glass of juice & scarf a quick breakfast.
10:15 AM-6 PM It depends here whether I have business to tend to on the internet & I will plop on the couch, grab the boppy & let Gabs chill on me while I Facebook, Twitter, Blog, look for houses or random nifty deals on craigslist. 6- DAN!!!!! You are home from a long day at work, now take the baby so I can shower, or cook or do a task I cannot do with a cute little baby attached to me. Sorry, love. 10 minutes pass before she is fussy again & only I can console her. She will learn to let Daddy soothe her one day, I promise!
6:30-10 repeat of 10:15 except now I show off my mad trivial skills watching Jeopardy at 7 (wink, wink.) Dinner is somewhere in here making mac and cheese or throwing together a quick dish that we will have to scarf & in between the scarfing pop the paci back in the baby's mouth, two times or more.
| Clearly transferring her to the bassinet did not work. |
Spending every minute with a newborn are indeed trying & exhausting but I want to cherish this time before its gone. I still gaze all day at the beautiful little girl Dan and I made. I am so fortunate to have the opportunity to spend the days with her. It is still so surreal that I am a MOM & I have a daughter. Sounds so sweet.
| Long days with a newborn has its rewards too :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment