When we got settled at home, a couple days later we gave Gabrielle her first bath. It was everything we expected.. lots of screaming & tears. Poor little thing :/ I absolutely dreaded the second time but to my surprise.. she loved it. With Dan and I growing up on swim teams & near beaches our little one has learn to love the water, because we do! On August 8th, under 2 weeks old I laid Gabby on the bed & started talking & smiling at her. I thought there was no way she could smile at me already until... she did! She wasn't looking past me, she locked eyes with mine. I cried like a little girl. Her first smile. It was amazing. I didn't see another smile (other than while she was sleeping) for another week. Now she smiles multiple times a day & it melts my heart every time.
Stay tuned for more of Gabrielle's firsts :)

No comments:
Post a Comment