Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ruby came & Ruby went.

We met a little girl around the same age as Gabby at storytime one day. Her name is Ruby. Her mother, Sonya was looking for extra care during the week and it sounded like something I was interested in. After a few chats on the phone, reference checks & a visit to my home Sonya decided we should give it a go!

The first few days were rough. Ruby was showing signs of separation anxiety. All Gabby wanted to do wash laugh and play, chase Ruby around with a smile from ear to ear on, while Ruby wanted nothing to do with Gabby. This lasted a couple months until one day Ruby cried for one hour straight. There was nothing I could do to help her separation anxiety. I called Sonya and told her. Ruby took a nap and finished out the day. When Sonya came to pick up, we never talked about ending the gig. It was later that day that I decided I couldn't do it anymore. I was beginning to dread it. Poor Ruby was tired of crying and Gabby & I were tired of hearing it.

I informed Sonya I could not continue giving care after 2 weeks. She understood & agreed. We are on the search again for another kiddo to watch!

Here are the rare times I got a smile out of Ruby.. & other fun pictures of them together..

Farewell Rubs..

Playing in Gabby's crib
Feeding time!
Ruby's first day.
Swinging at Pullen Park

No comments:

Post a Comment